TIPS: What is candle care?
Following these few tips will allow your scented candles to burn safely and for a longer amount of time.
When you burn your candle for the first time, allow it to burn for at least two hours until the whole top is liquid with wax. This will help your candle burn more evenly the next time.
Trimming the wick
After the first time, before lighting your candle, trim the wick to 1/4-inch in length. By shortening the wick, it will burn slower and prevents black smoke.
Depending on the size of your candle, it will last for varying amounts of time. You can expect your Artisane candles to burn approximately this long:
- 8oz tin candle: may burn up to 45 hours
- 4oz tin candle: may burn up to 30 hours
- 2oz tin candle: may burn up to 12 hours
Using a candle is a fire risk. Keep in mind these habits when you use our candles:
- Never leave a lit candle unattended or burning out of sight.
- Keep away from things that catch fire.
- Keep away from children.
- Always place your candle on a level surface.
- Place your candle on a heat resistant, non-flammable surface.
- Stop burning when only ½” of unmelted wax remains.