What you'll learn in this candle making class:
Learn the power and skills to create a healthy, fragrant, natural candle you can feel really good about burning in your home.
The class is approximately 1.5 hours and organized into 2 parts, theory and practice.
Part I includes the following topics:
- Why making natural candles are better for your health and the environment.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- A unique recipe to make scented natural candles.
- The testing guidelines, advice & legal requirements to sell your own candles.
Part II of the class will be the actual practice of making candles, the most fun part!
We will work together to create 2 types of candles:
- Lotion candle
- when burned, the melted wax can actually be used as a moisturizing agent on your skin, making it ideal for that relaxing spa-like atmosphere you’re going for in your home.
- Standard natural scented candle
- Utilizing 100% soy or coconut wax with pure oil fragrance, we will make candles you can be proud to burn in any room of the house.
You will leave the class with:
- An extensive knowledge about candles and the natural ingredients required to make them yourself
- 2 x natural scented candles (standard & lotion) that you created yourself
- Hand Sanitizer will be available to all students upon entry and on the workshop table
- Temperature checks for all before class start
- Deep cleaning of all surfaces, equipment, tools
- Frequent hand washing by teacher
- Teacher and students must always wear masks
- Classes by reservation only, no walk-ins until further notice
- Classes are limited in order to social distance students
Long Island City, Queens
(full address to be disclosed after booking)
The class was very good; however, it should be noted that this is geared towards someone who intends to make candles again in the future using the skills they learned in this class. If that is your focus, I can't think of a better option. Seriously, this is an exceptional class for that. If you're just looking for a quick class to make some candles, it is still a good one. Although you won't get as much out of it
Melanie's class was very informative and fun. Her passion for fragrance is very evident and the experience was very enjoyable. Its also important to note that Melanie provides printed notes of all the information she covers in the class!
It was not only informative but also very interesting. For someone who wants to get into the candle-making business, it is a perfect opportunity to get excellent and important tips to make candles. This class is also very good for people who just want to have fun; my boyfriend was so excited to be there and make candles by himself. We liked Melanie a lot. She is so sweet, kind, and very warm-hearted. She is also very knowledgeable. She created so great and pleasant atmosphere so everybody felt very comfortable. I had a great time! Would do it again! I totally recommend this class!
Great experience!! A friend referred me Artisane Atelier for a private class to celebrate my best friend's birthday. We were a total of 10 women. We got to make our own candles with personalized labels and learn about the candle making process. Melanie went above and beyond to make sure we had a great and fun time. I really recommend it!!
I enjoyed this class so much. Melanie was exceptional in her explanation of how to make scented candles. She also was so aware of making candles that were pure and using the best types of wax and fragrance oils. She shared her resources and also a step by step explanation so you can make your own. Melanie was very personable and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend her class to anyone who wants to learn how to make these very special candles. I also bought the kit to get started from her company Artisane and I also recommend purchasing that from her too.