What you'll learn in this candle making class:
Learn the power and skills to create a healthy, fragrant, natural candle you can feel really good about burning in your home.
The class is approximately 1.5 hours and organized into 2 parts, theory and practice.
Part I includes the following topics:
- Why making natural candles are better for your health and the environment.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- A unique recipe to make scented natural candles.
- The testing guidelines, advice & legal requirements to sell your own candles.
Part II of the class will be the actual practice of making candles, the most fun part!
We will work together to create 2 types of candles:
- Lotion candle
- when burned, the melted wax can actually be used as a moisturizing agent on your skin, making it ideal for that relaxing spa-like atmosphere you’re going for in your home.
- Standard natural scented candle
- Utilizing 100% soy or coconut wax with pure oil fragrance, we will make candles you can be proud to burn in any room of the house.
You will leave the class with:
- An extensive knowledge about candles and the natural ingredients required to make them yourself
- 2 x natural scented candles (standard & lotion) that you created yourself
- Hand Sanitizer will be available to all students upon entry and on the workshop table
- Temperature checks for all before class start
- Deep cleaning of all surfaces, equipment, tools
- Frequent hand washing by teacher
- Teacher and students must always wear masks
- Classes by reservation only, no walk-ins until further notice
- Classes are limited in order to social distance students
Long Island City, Queens
(full address to be disclosed after booking)
Melanie was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions in details and thoughtful manner. I always wanted to learn about candle making for hobby, and this amazing birthday gift from my sister gave me this chance! This specific venue got a little noisy in the end as the customers started to come in for lunch. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this class to anyone who has interest just from hobby to starting a business. Thanks Melanie!
It was a fun and informative class!
Loved it Great teacher. Everything was well explained
Very good class
The class was very good; however, it should be noted that this is geared towards someone who intends to make candles again in the future using the skills they learned in this class. If that is your focus, I can't think of a better option. Seriously, this is an exceptional class for that. If you're just looking for a quick class to make some candles, it is still a good one. Although you won't get as much out of it
Melanie's class was very informative and fun. Her passion for fragrance is very evident and the experience was very enjoyable. Its also important to note that Melanie provides printed notes of all the information she covers in the class!