What you'll learn in this candle making class:
Learn the power and skills to create a healthy, fragrant, natural candle you can feel really good about burning in your home.
The class is approximately 1.5 hours and organized into 2 parts, theory and practice.
Part I includes the following topics:
- Why making natural candles are better for your health and the environment.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- A unique recipe to make scented natural candles.
- The testing guidelines, advice & legal requirements to sell your own candles.
Part II of the class will be the actual practice of making candles, the most fun part!
We will work together to create 2 types of candles:
- Lotion candle
- when burned, the melted wax can actually be used as a moisturizing agent on your skin, making it ideal for that relaxing spa-like atmosphere you’re going for in your home.
- Standard natural scented candle
- Utilizing 100% soy or coconut wax with pure oil fragrance, we will make candles you can be proud to burn in any room of the house.
You will leave the class with:
- An extensive knowledge about candles and the natural ingredients required to make them yourself
- 2 x natural scented candles (standard & lotion) that you created yourself
24-20 Jackson Avenue (inside Square Wine)
Long Island City, Queens 11101
This was my first candle making class but definitely not my last. I’ve learned so much new information about making clean candles. High recommend if you are interested in making candles as a hobby or to start a business.
Engaging and Educational
I worked with Mélanie at one of events and was excited to be invited to attend her class as a participant. Mélanie is an excellent teacher and host. She is thorough when instructing and answering questions. She's also very generous with her knowledge of candle making, fragrance, and being a small business owner. Some of the other participants were starting or expanding their own businesses, so there was good discussion and sharing between everyone. And!!! We event got to have two complimentary glasses of bubbly and a 10% discount at the wine store the class in located in. I seriously had a great time and learned so much! It was relaxing, informative and genuinely fun lol. I highly recommend! Merci Mélanie :)
Loved the candle making class!
I really had fun during this class. My boyfriend booked it as a surprise date because he knows I love candles. I always wanted to learn how to make my own but the youtube tutorials are not that great. So happy I took this class. We made 2 candles (one lotion candle) and I can wait to burn them.
Hi Jamila, thank you so much to both of you for coming! I am very happy to hear that you found the class helpful and enjoyed it! Hope to have back soon in one of our other classes.
This class was so worth it!!!
I am so happy i took this class, my boyfriend booked it for my birthday and we went to the friday evening session (which includes a wine tasting). It was so much fun! Small and nice group, intimate vibe, we made 2 beautiful (and natural) candles each, the scents are OH MY GOD! I totally recommend, if you are a candle lover and wine lover like us, you will have the best time. Thanks Melanie
Thanks Natasha (and to your boyfriend for finding Artisane)! So happy to hear that you enjoyed the aromatic wine tasting as well! Hope to have you soon in another class!
These candles smell so good, I’m obsessed
I took Melanie’s class to learn how to make my own candles because I buy too many. Her class was awesome and her candles smell delicious. we used one that had some tropical fruits and citrus in it