For candle lovers, candle care is a big deal and wick trimming is very important!
But wait, how does it work? Keep reading and you'll know everything about the wick trimmer!
Let's start with the basics and answer a few questions.
What is a wick trimmer?
You’ve probably seen it before, a particularly strange metal pair of “scissors” with a small plate?
With its curved shape, the wick trimmer is easy to use in any container, small, deep or big, you can use the same tool!
It makes a clean cut of the wick while recovering the debris.
Why do you need to trim your wicks?
It's important for so many reasons but let's name a few;
- Clean burn: avoid dark smoke (and smoke alarm detector!)
- Clean container: avoid smoky candle jars
- Better fragrance diffusion: enhance the scent diffusion while burning
- Burn safely: a longer wick creates a higher flame which can be dangerous
- Prevent mushrooming: remove the build-up of carbon
How (and how often) do you use a wick trimmer?
Good news, it’s quick and simple! But it's a routine and you have to do it, every-time you use your candles. How?
- Place the wick trimmer handle inside the rim of the jar
- Bring the blades towards the wick parallel to the wax
- Cut the wick to a height of about 4/5 mm
- Throw the wick debris
Where to buy a wick trimmer?
Many options are available to you and it will be most likely a question of design and taste as all wick trimmers will do the same job!
You can purchase yours (in black) directly from our E-shop here.