I grew up in the south of France, surrounded by the lavender fields of Provence, alongside flourishing sunflowers and olive trees. I developed a passion for the fragrances of nature as a child and started making and collecting my own perfume as a hobby. My passion has evolved into a love for candles and the cozy, healing ambiance they create in your home by diffusing these beautiful scents which evoke comforting memories of childhood.
I have since made it my mission to learn how to make my own scented candles by utilizing the best quality and l naturally sourced ingredients available. I have created my own unique recipe that uses vegan waxes such as soy & coconut and phthalates free fragrances to make a cleaner type of candle.
My objective in this workshop is to teach you what I have learned for myself, and giving you the power and skills to create a healthy, fragrant, natural candle you can feel really good about burning in your home.
What will you learn in the class?
The class is approximately 2 hours and organized into 2 parts, theory and practice.
Part I includes the following topics
- Why making natural candles are better for your health and the environment.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- A unique recipe to make scented natural candles.
- The testing guidelines, advice & legal requirements to sell your own candles.
Part II of the class will be the actual practice of making candles
We will work together to create 2 types of candles
- Standard natural scented candle
Utilizing 100% soy or coconut wax with phthalates free fragrances, we will make candles you can be proud to burn in any room of the house.
- Lotion candle
When burned, the melted wax can actually be used as a moisturizing agent on your skin, making it ideal for that relaxing spa-like atmosphere you’re going for in your home.
What will you leave the class with?
- An extensive knowledge about candles and the natural ingredients required to make them yourself (+handbook provided)
- 2 x natural scented candles (standard and lotion) that you created yourself
Class schedule 2020
COVID-19 updates: all our physical workshops are cancelled until further notice, but we are offering online courses with Zoom, every Saturday from 11AM to 12.30PM
Contact us for more information or click on the link below to book your seat