I grew up in the south of France, surrounded by the lavender fields of Provence, alongside flourishing sunflowers and olive trees. I developed a passion for the fragrances of nature as a child and started making and collecting my own perfume as a hobby. My passion has evolved into a love for candles and the cozy, healing ambiance they create in your home by diffusing these beautiful scents which evoke comforting memories of childhood.
I have since made it my mission to learn how to make my own scented candles by utilizing the best quality and l naturally sourced ingredients available. I have created my own unique recipe that uses vegan waxes such as soy & coconut and phthalates free fragrances to make a cleaner type of candle.
My objective in this workshop is to teach you what I have learned for myself, and giving you the power and skills to create a healthy, fragrant, natural candle you can feel really good about burning in your home.
What will you learn in the class?
The class is approximately 2 hours and organized into 2 parts, theory and practice.
Part I includes the following topics
- Why making natural candles are better for your health and the environment.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- A unique recipe to make scented natural candles.
- The testing guidelines, advice & legal requirements to sell your own candles.
Part II of the class will be the actual practice of making candles
We will work together to create 2 types of candles
- Standard natural scented candle
Utilizing 100% soy or coconut wax with phthalates free fragrances, we will make candles you can be proud to burn in any room of the house.
- Lotion candle
When burned, the melted wax can actually be used as a moisturizing agent on your skin, making it ideal for that relaxing spa-like atmosphere you’re going for in your home.
What will you leave the class with?
- An extensive knowledge about candles and the natural ingredients required to make them yourself (+handbook provided)
- 2 x natural scented candles (standard and lotion) that you created yourself
Class schedule 2020
COVID-19 updates: all our physical workshops are cancelled for March/April, but we are offering online courses in the meantime, contact us for more information.
Sunday Candle Class
May 3rd @Long Island City
10.30 AM to 12.30 PM
*Friday classes will include complementary wine & bites
*Sunday classes will include complementary coffee & sweets
Where is the class located?
WeWork - 3537 36th St
Long Island City, New York 11106
(R, N or W trains)